LML Compass Care
Before/After School Teacher
Location: Vineland, New Jersey
Pay Rate: $10/hour
Summary: LML Compass Care, a part of the Let Me Learn, Inc. non-profit, is the before and after school care program for Compass Academy Charter School. We are seeking a part-time teacher for either or both the before and after school care program, working with children in grades K through 2.
- Assist in day to day operation of the program; carry out its functions, policies, and procedures
- Maintain current and accurate records as required by the program and maintain their confidentiality
- Maintain safety standards, inform the Program Manager of any unsafe conditions, equipment, or ill children
- Maintain an orderly and clean environment
- Take the lead in implementing safe, organized play time activities and specialized after-school activities, such as art and culture, life and social skills, nutrition and cooking, and civic engagement
- Fulfill other administrative and supervisory roles as may be delegated by the Program Manager
- Participate in staff development and training programs directly relating to LML Compass Care; attend workshops and staff meetings as assigned.
- High School diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred (in progress considered)
- Education background and/or experience working with children required
- Strong commitment to providing high quality programming for youth
- Must be present during program hours (school days 6:30-8:30 am; 3-6 p.m.) as well as time outside of those parameters for preparation, staff training, and special projects
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- Must consent to the following screening requirements as a condition of employment: (1) NJ Department of Human Services Child Abuse Record Information (CARI) Background Check and (2) NJ Department of Human Services Criminal History Background Check
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate ‘LML Compass Care Teacher’ in subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until position is filled and only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. Let Me Learn is an equal opportunity employer. For more information on our agency and programs, visit our website.